At the new Ochsner Baptist Women’s Pavilion, we offer comprehensive services for expecting moms, from pregnancy through delivery.
- Most comprehensive specialty coverage under one roof in the region
- Educational childbirth classes offered. Click here for class schedules.
- Ochsner approved Prenatal Vitamins
- Prenatal yoga offered by Elmwood Fitness Center. Click here to learn more.
- Best-equipped for High Risk Pregnancies
- An increased number of state-of-the-art labor & delivery room
- Perkin Alternative Birthing Center with access to midwives and expanded birthing options such as waterbirths
- Easy accessibility to the Ochsner Baptist facility
- Free and convenient covered parking
- A larger and more comfortable waiting room featuring a children’s area for families awaiting a new member
- Tours are offered after prenatal classes. Click here for a schedule of classes.
Perkin Alternative Birthing Center (ABC)
- Located in the Ochsner Baptist Women’s Pavilion, making it the only hospital-based alternative birthing center in the region.
- A staff of Certified Nurse Midwives provides mothers with a natural, holistic birth experience in a homelike environment.
- Midwives offer comprehensive prenatal care in the Perkin ABC clinic, where they help mothers design individual birthing plans, including water birth, labor support and alternative birth positions.
- Two birthing rooms, each set up like home with a comfortable double bed and a family room and shared kitchen for guests to relax and visit during labor and delivery.
- Each room in the ABC offers a birthing tub, birth stools and a yoga swing.
- For more information, please call 504-894-2880.
- Lagniappe pampering for new moms with special amenities including spa services with massages, manicures and pedicures
- Room service available
- Larger Post-Partum Rooms with family accommodations include a comfortable place for new dads to sleep
- Special amenities
- Stock up and shop for items new parents will need when they bring home their new bundle of joy
- Baby-friendly hospitals and birth centers uphold the International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes by offering education and educational materials that promote human milk rather than other infant food and drinks, and by refusing to accept or distribute free or subsidized supplies of breast milk substitutes, nipples, and other feeding devices.Ochsner encourages breastfeeding and follows these “Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding”
- Have a written breastfeeding policy that is routinely communicated to all health care staff.
- Train all health care staff in skills necessary to implement this policy.
- Inform all pregnant women about the benefits and management of breastfeeding.
- Help mothers initiate breastfeeding within one hour of birth.
- Show mothers how to breastfeed and how to maintain lactation, even if they are separated from their infants.
- Give infants no food or drink other than breast milk, unless medically indicated.
- Practice rooming-in (allow mothers and infants to remain together) 24 hours a day.
- Encourage breastfeeding on demand.
- Give no artificial nipples or pacifiers to breastfeeding infants.
- Foster the establishment of breastfeeding support groups and refer mothers to them on discharge from the hospital or clinic.
To view a slideshow of our new facility, click on the pictures below.
Labor and Delivery room provides a beautiful and calming atmosphere for baby’s arrival.
Spacious and spa-like restroom in Mother and Baby rooms.
Birthing tub in Labor and Delivery room.
The Perkin Alternative Birthing Center offers beautiful birthing suites which will make patients feel like they are right at home. Multiple birthing options are available for mothers who are looking for a natural child birth experience.
Mother and Baby room. Plenty of space for family and friends.
Ways to Give
Ochsner's commitment to patient care, education, and research enables the service of patients and communities today and in the future. From the smallest token to a high-impact major gift, your generosity is appreciated.
Click here to connect to ways to give to Ochsner